Hawaiian Healing Foundations
COMING 2018 | 84 C.E. Hours | $1750
Lomi Lomi is authentic Hawaiian healing for body, mind and spirit. In ancient times, Lomi Lomi was family work, used to keep everyone in the home healthy and strong. Ho’omana’s style of lomi comes from the therapeutic approach of the 6 lineages of Hawaiian elders Kumu Jeana Iwalani Naluai had the privilege of studying with.
In Hawaiian Healing Foundations, you will learn to the full-body art form of Lomi Lomi massage and how to approach bodywork from an ancient Hawaiian perspective. Join us on the island of Maui for this transformational 13-day retreat. Additional costs include housing, food and transportation.
Lomi Lomi Fundamentals
32 C.E. Hours
Lomi ‘Ili Ili Hot Stones
24 C.E. Hours
Hawaiian Medicinal Therapies: La’au Lapa’au
24 C.E. Hours
Hawaiian Healing Foundations consists of three courses:
Lomi Lomi Fundamentals:
Ho’omana’s core introductory training is the foundation and pre-requisite for all courses. Learn full-body massage techniques that you can use to heal family, friends and loved ones, as well as:
- Proper assessment, palpation, and treatment of injury
- How to increase receptivity to intuitive guidance
- Hawaiian meditation techniques, healing chants and prayers to awaken the healer within
- How to create more harmony and balance through giving and receiving magical healing touch
- Introduction to Ho’opono’pono, the Hawaiian’s clearing system to maintain energetic alignment and harmony with Spirit, self and others
- Sacred sites tour: Students explore Maui's rich culture through legend and lore in a "talk-story" style. Visit the island's most sacred energetic landscapes and Hawaiian temples. Learn about plant medicine, ritual cleansing at the mountain and the ocean. Take part in chanting ceremony.
Lomi ‘Ili Hot Stone Therapy:
Develop an understanding of this holistic healing and infuse your work with the energy of the “aina (land). Visit Maui’s most sacred sites and discover the power of incorporating hot stones into your practice.
In ancient times, Lomi Lomi practitioners learned how to work on the physical body and also to the spirit within a plant or a stone, requesting assistance with their healing practice.
Stone Gathering at Wailua Nui:
Journey to a historic agricultural valley and learn to gather stones ceremonially with a gathering chant. Use the chant to and gathering protocol to collect stones close to your home 'Aina (land) to envoke support from the earth where you live.
These healing stones can be called in and be used as potent medicine. Learn what sizes and shapes to look for when working with different parts of the body. Give back to the community by working in the taro patch and enjoying a potluck lunch together.
Hawaiian Medicinal Therapies - La’au Lapa’au:
In this continuation of the holistic approach of Lomi Lomi, Students will learn how to perform dry table scrubs, wraps, herbal facials and explore history steeped in ancestral wisdom.Students will learn how to blend healing body care products that are straight from nature, as well as the healing qualities of Hawaii’s tropical plants.
All Lomi Lomi courses are taught by Jeana Iwalani Naluai, MPT, LMT and her team of lomi specialists. Through talk-story, demonstration, and hands-on practice, students will experience this foundational learning in a rich way. Our instructor’s knowledge is passed down through a long lineage of master practitioners. Ho’omana Lomi Lomi Training is dedicated to the development of each student’s mind, body and spirit. We are committed to a supportive and quality learning experience that inspires transformation.
|Learning Outcomes & Course Objectives|
|1. Course Outcomes-
Students will demonstrate proficiency in full body lomi lomi massage session of 90 minute length
Food is not included in the retreat and students are asked to bring a lunch and snacks each day to class and during the outings.
Ho'omana offers shared dorm-style housing for students who are enrolled in a Lomi course. Accommodations include bed linen, towels, private bathroom and kitchenette. Fees $60 per night, one time cleaning fee of $45 plus 13.42% tax. Accommodations are offered on a first come first serve basis. We sell out every retreat so it is recommended to book early.
You will find a driving map and directions on our website driving map/directions and sitemap for your cottage parking and location. We encourage you to print a copy of the driving map and directions to Ho’omana as well as a site map of our property before arrival. You may also visit www.lomimassage.com for directional information.
If you need airport pick-up, please arrange with our Taxi service, Sunset Taxi who is willing to pick our students up at the airport and take them for a 30 minute grocery stop at Whole Foods Market and then onto Ho’omana retreat center. The fee is $70 and you will pay the service directly.
Their contact info is: Nick Wilson EMAIL: email@example.com
- Full payment due to hold your space in the workshop.
- If for any reason you need to cancel, 85% of your tuition will be fully refunded before 30 days of when your training begins.
- For cancellations received within 30 days before your course begins, 50% of your registration fee will be refunded.
- There will be no refund available on the day of the scheduled course.